So, this Monday morning we were a little bit groggy at the Hopster HQ. But, but, but, we have an awesome reason! Last Sunday, we celebrated our 1st birthday with friends of Hopster, partners, and parents. And today was officially our one year anniversary of landing in the UK App Store.
What a year it’s been – Hopster is one!
If Hopster was a kid, we’d just about be starting to walk and talk now. In fact, we’d be too young for our own app! But that hasn’t stopped us from achieving some great things in our first 12 months.
We want to thank all our team members, customers, partners, supporters, and investors – without you, we couldn’t be here today, munching delicious giant Fluffster cupcakes (from the wonderful Smash Bang Dollop)!
Some of the things we’ve achieved…
- Over 195,000 families in the UK have downloaded the Hopster app! We’re sending you our biggest thank yous over the interwebs – you’ve been amazing this first year!
- We’ve streamed over 240,000 hours of beautiful kids TV. Because we’re ad-free, that means we’ve saved kids about 5 years worth of adverts!
- In the summer, we premiered the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo’s Child with a special gift campaign that our users loved.
- We launched on TV, starting with Freesat – with many more to come!
- The wonderful Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina, and Pingu joined our line-up.
- We’ve just submitted a really special update to the app – keep an eye on the App Store!
It’s been one roller coaster of a ride, and we can’t wait for the next 12 months. Next up, it’s only Christmas – no big deal, right? Right?! *runs off and panics about Xmas planning*. Keep an eye on this blog and our social channels for some cool updates in the coming weeks…
From our party – we’re all balloonatics!
We celebrated our first birthday in style at Drink Shop Do in Kings Cross. If you ever want to host a party that’s a blast for grown-ups and kids, do check it out. Not only did we have amazing food and drink, we also had lots of entertainment.
One of the highlights was most definitely Becky from Balloonatic showed up in a magical red polka dot dress and did things with balloons we never thought possible.
Normally, when you hear balloon modelling, you might think poodles and swords. And yes, we had some of those. But have you ever seen spiders, ballerinas, and octopodes?! Now that’s what we call balloonatic.
We also had some brilliant artists at the event. Even though we make a kids app, we appreciate the power of good old pen and paper. Our little guests really enjoyed the opportunity to present their own interpretation of Fluffster. We loved them all and have scanned and uploaded them on our Facebook page. Which one is your favourite?
One last time, THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU for making Hopster what it is today, and stay tuned for lots of great things to come very soon…