We think kids should experience stories that positively reflect the love and diversity of the world around them.
This is why we’ve launched our Pride theme, which showcases our brand new LGBT+ shows, books, and songs for preschoolers.
This collection shows kids that families come in many shapes & sizes, and how love is at the heart of them all. It has nothing to do with sex education, as we feel this should be at the parents’ discretion for young children.
Here’s what shows, books, and songs have been added to Hopster to celebrate Pride.
This our brand new original Hopster Studios original show. Made in partnership with UK charity Diversity Role Models, it features real stories of LGBT+ families & relationships – retold as animated tales for preschoolers.
- Peter, Mark, James, and Einstein:
A heartwarming tale of a boy called James, and how he finds happiness in his new home with his newly adopted parents Peter & James, and their cat Einstein.
- Lynsey and Holly:
This is an empowering true story of Lynsey, who overcame teasing & bullying at school to become a doctor – and marry the love of her life, a girl named Holly.
- Stella / Stuart:
The story of a child named Stella, who feels uncomfortable as a girl and wants to be a boy named Stuart. This is a positive story about being true to yourself and gaining the confidence to trust & find acceptance among your friends and family.
Another Hopster Studios original show, this is an uplifting (and very catchy) song that celebrates love and all the colours of the rainbow, reflecting modern-day families & relationships and the power of Pride.
In this collection of videos, Olly Pike explores a range LGBT+ topics for kids. His mission is to combat discrimination – and encourage acceptance in regards to love, kindness and respect.
- Who I am: Inspiring song that is about staying true to yourself
- Prince Henry – A Gay Fairytale: The King and Queen think it’s time for their son to choose someone to marry and spend his life with, but are they surprised by who he chooses? Watch and find out!
- Discrimination Explained for Kids: In this video we discover what discrimination means and provide a few examples. We also talk about discrimination and the law.
- Goldilocks: She’s out meeting all the different families in the village, but what is she delivering to them?
- Waiting for a Princess: Aaliyah is a Princess… and an unlucky one at that. All she wants is to be rescued by a Princess, is that too much too ask?
- Little Red Riding Dude: A story about pride and always being yourself. Join Christopher, or as he is better known as ‘Little Red Riding Dude’, as he journeys to his Grandmas house. Who will he meet along the way?
The Girl with Two Dads (eBook)
In this story, Pearl Power notices the new girl has something very different – and very cool – about her family. But perhaps, it’s not that different after all?
Julian is a Mermaid (eBook)
On the train home with his Nana, Julian notices three spectacularly dressed women, with vibrant hair and dresses which end in fishtails. Their joy fills the carriage and when Julian gets home all he can think about is dressing up just like the ladies. But what will his Nana think?
Mommy, Mama and Me (eBook)
Rhythmic text and illustrations with universal appeal show a toddler spending the day with its mothers. From hide-and-seek to dress-up, then bath time and a kiss goodnight, there’s no limit to what a loving family can do together.
The Bravest Knight Who Ever Lived
This cartoon offers a twist on a classic fairytale. Based on the book of the same name, it follows the adventures of Cedric – a humble pumpkin farmer who ends up rescuing a princess – and a prince. This is a great story about being your true self. (Not available in US)
An animated fairytale about a young woman’s walk through the woods to take her girlfriend lunch. Rosaline encounters classic characters along the way – including a threatening wolf, a poisonous witch, and a fairy godmother. (Not available in US)